Opened 10 years ago

Closed 10 years ago

Last modified 10 years ago

#9731 closed defect (fixed)

1.3.2: Editor sometimes triggers a secure/insecure warning in IE6

Reported by: Jared Jurkiewicz Owned by: Jared Jurkiewicz
Priority: high Milestone: 1.4
Component: Editor Version: 1.3.2
Keywords: 1.3.3 Cc:
Blocked By: Blocking:

Description

1.3.2: Editor sometimes triggers a secure/insecure warning in IE6

This problem occurs due to a fix we put in to handle corrupted charsets in IE, which occurred when we changed the editor over from being loaded from blank.html to dynamic JS string creation. The blank.html change was needed to fix an IE iframes/back button issue so going back to that isn't satisfactory.

The problem occurs (I believe), when the charset of the main page doesn't match the charset the iframe is initially created as and then loaded. When the iframe encounters the charset declaration, it triggers a reparse. If that reparse occurs while the frame is still in the middle of doing something, it then throws the secure/insecure warning.

This, I suspect, is very similar to another very well known bug in IE6 where if you remove a <DIV> that had a background image from the page while the image was loading it threw a secure/insecure warning. Neither of these situations have anything to do with secure/insecure, but however IE6 handles the case seems to trip their hander for such.

In any event, Bill Keese made changes to 1.4 that got rid of the need to set the charset meta tag and still obtained a correct encoding for the editor content. I backported that change and verified with a co-worker that the backport eliminated the warning he was getting. I'll be attaching the patch for it here. After some quick testing, I'll also commit the change.

Attachments (1)

1.3.2_Editor_secure_insecure.patch (6.5 KB) - added by Jared Jurkiewicz 10 years ago.
Backport of the changesets related to removing the need for charset decl on IE. Also added in the UT test for charset corruptions

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (7)

comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by Jared Jurkiewicz

Owner: set to Jared Jurkiewicz

Changed 10 years ago by Jared Jurkiewicz

Backport of the changesets related to removing the need for charset decl on IE. Also added in the UT test for charset corruptions

comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by Jared Jurkiewicz

Resolution: fixed
Status: newclosed

(In [19897]) Fixing secure/insecure warning by partial backport of 1.4 code. fixes #9731

comment:3 Changed 10 years ago by bill

Milestone: tbd1.3.3

comment:4 Changed 10 years ago by bill

See #9398, the original ticket (about the charset issue).

comment:5 Changed 10 years ago by (none)

Milestone: 1.3.3

Milestone 1.3.3 deleted

comment:6 Changed 10 years ago by bill

Milestone: 1.4

we won't have a 1.3.3

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.