Stray keyup event after menu closed via keyboard.
|Reported by:||davidb||Owned by:||davidb|
Here is a known example:
- a popup menu is invoked.
- a menu item is selected via the spacebar,
- the menu item activation happens when the space key is pressed down,
- the menu is closed
- focus returns to wherever it was before the menu popped up
- it appears the browser now has a stray keyup event to deal with...
- the problem can occur if the focus returns to a dom node.
- the browser maps the stray keyup event to the currently focused node.
- if the newly focused node has an onclick handler, it will fire.
- presumably a space bar keyup event can fire an onclick generally (depends on browser?).
- presumably if the node is listening for keyup events this can be a potential problem for any keypress event that closes the menu.
This is confirmed to happen at least in FF2.
(I think this blocks 3062)
Change History (10)
Changed 10 years ago by davidb
comment:8 Changed 10 years ago by davidb
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.