Opened 13 years ago

Closed 13 years ago

Last modified 13 years ago

#1803 closed defect (fixed)

i18n/calendar translations deviate from CLDR.

Reported by: bckfnn@… Owned by: Adam Peller
Priority: high Milestone:
Component: Date Version: 0.4
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked By: Blocking:

Description

Hi,

While trying to create additional i18n/calendar/nls files I discovered some potential problems with the existing files. I've just assumed that the values from http://unicode.org/cldr version 1.4 is correct.

Locale de:

The March entry in 'months-format-abbr' uses a provisional value. The friday and saturday of 'days-format-abbr' are 3 letter long.

Locale fr:

The september entry in 'months-format-abbr' should be "sept.".

Locale hu:

The initial letter for 'months-format-wide', 'months-format-abbr' and 'days-format-wide' should be lowercase. The 'days-format-abbr' and 'days-standAlone-narrow' is different.

Locale it:

am/pm was missing.

Locale sv:

'days-format-abbr' uses provisional values.

Change History (4)

comment:1 Changed 13 years ago by bill

Milestone: 0.5
Owner: changed from psowden to Adam Peller

comment:2 Changed 13 years ago by Adam Peller

Milestone: 0.50.4.1
Status: newassigned

These were all created manually (by me) and probably had plenty of errors/inconsistencies. Based on the release date of 1.4, I'm betting I did this based on 1.3 or some interim data. For 0.5, the plan is to have an xslt process the CLDR at fixed points and generate the JSON, for all the locales. Hopefully that will fix the bigger problem, and if it doesn't, we'll have a process to fix.

I'll fix the ones you point out and anything else you find in the interim. Thanks.

comment:3 Changed 13 years ago by Adam Peller

Resolution: fixed
Status: assignedclosed

(In [6394]) Fixes #1803. Fixes to get in sync with CLDR 1.4

comment:4 Changed 13 years ago by (none)

Milestone: 0.4.1

Milestone 0.4.1 deleted

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.