Opened 10 years ago

Closed 10 years ago

Last modified 10 years ago

#15551 closed defect (fixed)

500 error updating livedocs

Reported by: haysmark Owned by: bill
Priority: undecided Milestone: 1.8
Component: Documentation Version: 1.7.2
Keywords: Cc: Kitson Kelly
Blocked By: Blocking:


I tried to update dojo/base/lang in livedocs. The change seems to be on the wiki but here is what I saw:

500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/srv/www/vhosts.d/", line 656, in respond

response.body = self.handler()

File "/srv/www/vhosts.d/", line 188, in call

self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, kwargs)

File "/srv/www/vhosts.d/", line 34, in call

return self.callable(*self.args, self.kwargs)

File "./src/", line 70, in default


File "./src/", line 179, in _handlePost

if kwargsaction?=='bare':

KeyError?: 'action'

Change History (8)

comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by haysmark

Owner: set to Colin Snover
Status: newassigned

comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by Colin Snover

Owner: changed from Colin Snover to bill

I had this same issue starting recently so I think probably one of the recent updates to rstWiki broke it. I don’t know anything about it really so sending this to the last person to touch it. :)

comment:3 Changed 10 years ago by bill

Cc: Kitson Kelly added

Kitson, I think you were actually the last one that patched rstWiki? Although I don't think either of us modified the code dealing with pushes changes.

comment:4 Changed 10 years ago by dylan

btw, it's throwing this error, but the change is still getting committed.

I've also noticed some weirdness when editing docs directly on github (basically it has occasionally been failing to commit saying that nothing has changed). That could be a bug with Firefox 14 beta though I suppose.

comment:5 Changed 10 years ago by Kitson Kelly

Yeah, I am likely the one who broke it. I will take a look.

comment:6 Changed 10 years ago by Kitson Kelly

I didn't break it, but Richard and I figured out how to fix it. It appears the change to the editing online at some point caused the issue, because it wasn't posting an action parameter in the POST request and the code barfed. I have a full version of rstWiki, comitting to github on my machine now, so I can do some heavy lifting on things in rstWiki.

comment:7 Changed 10 years ago by Kitson Kelly

Resolution: fixed
Status: assignedclosed

The fix is active on livedocs and staging.livedocs.

comment:8 Changed 10 years ago by Kitson Kelly

Milestone: tbd1.8
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.