Opened 9 years ago

Closed 8 years ago

#11527 closed defect (worksforme)

File upload with plain HTML upload form + dojo.io.iframe technique doesn't work on IE8

Reported by: wildman Owned by:
Priority: high Milestone: tbd
Component: General Version: 1.4.3
Keywords: IE8 upload iframe Cc: fmandelbaum@…
Blocked By: Blocking:

Description

After updating from dojo 1.3 to dojo 1.4, file uploading (done with a simple HTML upload form and a dojo.io.iframe request), doesn't work anymore on IE8. The filename formdata field is always reported empty. If IE8 is set in compatibility (IE7) mode, everything works fine.

With j105rob (sorry, I don't know your real name), we tracked this to a possible problem in the browser detection logic in dojo._base._loader.hostenv_browser, specifically the following parts:

<j105rob> 1.3 dojo._base._loader.hostenv_browser has if(d.isIE >= 8 && document.documentMode != 5){ d.isIE = document.documentMode;

<j105rob> and 1.4.3 has: var mode = document.documentMode; if(mode && mode != 5 && Math.floor(d.isIE) != mode){ d.isIE = mode;

<j105rob> and 1.3 d.isQuirks = cm == "BackCompat?"
cm == "QuirksMode?" d.isIE < 6;

<j105rob> 1.4 : d.isQuirks = document.compatMode == "BackCompat?";

Please find attached a file containing an HTML test page prepared by j105rob for a local dojo install. I've tested using dojo pulled from AOL CDN, and the behaviour (of course) is the same.

You can use Fiddler/Charles? or other sniffer to check that in the POST request from IE8, the form filename field is empty, as opposed to the name of the file you are uploading (which is the expected behaviour).

Attachments (1)

filename_empty_on_ie8_upload.html (4.3 KB) - added by wildman 9 years ago.
Test Case for IE8 'empty filename' upload issue with dojo 1.4.3

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (3)

Changed 9 years ago by wildman

Test Case for IE8 'empty filename' upload issue with dojo 1.4.3

comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by Chris Mitchell

Owner: anonymous deleted

comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by Tom Trenka

Resolution: worksforme
Status: newclosed

Investigated this issue based on a client request, and could not duplicate the problem. In addition, I contacted the original reporters and asked them to try it, and neither could duplicate it as well.

There seem to have been a number of security fixes with IE8 that probably resolved this issue; see:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms535263(VS.85).aspx (first comment) http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2009/03/20/rtm-platform-changes.aspx http://blog.drisgill.com/2009/03/problems-with-ie8-standards-mode.html http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms535128(VS.85).aspx

for more information.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.