TabContainer: support first-character navigation of drop-down tab list
|Reported by:||MartinPacker||Owned by:|
|Keywords:||keys keystrokes keyboard access a11y||Cc:||doughays|
The new drop-down list for tab selection in TabContainer is REALLY handy (and neatly reduces the height of the tab strip to a single (predictable-height) row.
I think it would aid usability if the drop-down list of tabs were able to use first-character navigation.
(I actually modified the tab titles my code generates to make the leading characters unique and first-character navigation didn't work.)
An alternative to first-character navigation is string match navigation (but I suspect that's worse from a a11y perspective).
More distantly, the ability to search in tabs would be nice.
Change History (10)
comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by bill
- Summary changed from Support first-character navigation of drop-down tab list in TabContainer to TabContainer: support first-character navigation of drop-down tab list
comment:7 Changed 18 months ago by bill
- Cc doughays added; becky removed
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:8 Changed 18 months ago by bill
- Milestone changed from future to 1.9
- Resolution duplicate deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened